Our Lady of Victories, Kensington
Having been destroyed in September in 1940 during a German air raid, the church was rebuilt in its current form between 1955 and 1958. The floor construction consisted of a concrete slab over a basement hall. A form of screed covered the slab encapsulating copper underfloor heating pipe. Upon further inspection, the existing floor tiles were serverely damaged through overheating of the screed. The existing floor screed, along with the original underfloor heating pipes, were removed entirely to make way for the new dry-installed JUPITER Ideal EPS system. The floor finish was to be a 20 mm Purbeck natural stone.